Classified Advertising (fiber things wanted, for SALE, & also free)
Don’t miss anything — scroll down this page.
- Sue Payne from Conner Prairie is looking for several USED Ashford wheels for new youth spinners. If you looking to sell, contact Sue at email@example.com.
GIVE AWAY = FREE:
Subject: Looking for a home for uncarded fleeces
Hello! I inherited a large bag full of various fleeces. I know that there is some alpaca, some llama, maybe some others, and of various colors. I have recently come to the realisation that I won’t get around to learning how to card and spin this anytime soon, so want to pass it on to someone who would appreciate it. I also have a set of carding paddles that would go with the fleeces.
Is there anyone in your guild who could use these fleeces? My only request is that a small ball of each fleece be sent to my mom once it has been spun.
- Hi, I’m moving soon and need to de-stash. I have raw alpaca/llama to *give away* (varying degrees of VM), and back issues of Spin Off. I have other roving for sale, cheap. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m still on your email list, as I get the newsletters. — Rosemarie
- I have a large amount of alpaca fiber collected from 12 animals over two years, two of the animals are crias. The animals were professionally shorn yearly and the fiber is very clean. I have been looking for a buyer, but at this point I just want to make sure the fiber isn’t wasted, so if you or your group would be able to make use of it please email me back at email@example.com. Being busy, I would appreciate it if anyone interested would be able to pick it up from me in Manteno, IL.
**** FOR SALE ****
FLEECES: refer to free above
This is a 1980’s era Ashford traditional jumbo flyer assembly. I am asking $40 for it. It is in good condition. The wood needs to be conditioned (it is a bit dry from age) and the bobbins need a bit of glue to snug them up. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
From: “Joan Elliot” <email@example.com> Subject: Things to sell: (click on them to refer to the .pdf picture and information. Warping Reel Skein winder Quilting frame
- Name: Jean Fuqua Email: firstname.lastname@example.org For sale – one slightly used Roberta Electronic Spinner by Ertoel Adjustable speed control, up to 1200 rpm, 120 volts
Forward and reverse modes…Installed pause control (can turn on and off by foot switch)
5/8” orifice. Includes 3 bobbins (2 standard 5 oz. and one jumbo) Flyer has sliding hook with O-ring to accommodate bobbins Built-in 2 bobbin lazy Kate One new spare drive band and 4 O-rings included Tasmanian myrtle wood All original paperwork is included
Dimensions: 8 1/2” x 10 1/2” x 11” Weight – 12 lbs$500 or offer a bid!
- Louet LE S90 spinning wheel for $350.00 excellent condition. Folding portable spinning wheel w/extras. Located in Terre Haute will deliver to local area. Name: mona crucitti Email: email@example.com Call 812-264-1903
- Deb Totten is selling a Louet Victoria spinning wheel. Asking $650. It is complete with a carrying bag and three extra bobbins. New it would cost over $1,000. Used for one workshop. I now have a Schacht sidekick wheel that I travel with and don’t need two traveling wheels! I can be reached at 812.371.1475. (Listed Jan 2013)
USED EQUIPMENT (Indiana website):
- For sell: 8 Harness floor loom for sale! Harrisville design. Fully functional, great condition. 36 inches wide and roughly 36 inches deep. Warping board and extra yarn included. $875 Location: Zionsville, IN. Contact Lea Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org with enquiries.
- LOOM FOR SALE: 60 inch LeClerc Colonial jack loom, 8 shafts, 10 treadles, bench. Excellent condition. $1900.00. Location: Chagrin Falls area, Ohio. Contact Nora Eason at 440-543-7058 or email@example.com. (Nora is a member of the Western Reserve Spinners and Weavers and the Cuyahoga Weavers Guild.) (Listed September 2013)
- The Big Red Barn in St. Joe, Indiana has a Newcomb Studio Loom for sale. $200, disassembled and needs some work. Contact: Amy or Linda at The Big Red Barn, 260-446-7997, or email Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Listed Jan 2013)
- Kessenich loom for sale. It’s in excellent condition. I have a lot of extras that go with bit. Asking $1,000.00. Enquiries: Susan Teegarden email@example.com. (Listed Jan 2013)
- Vicki Gibson has a Weaver’s Delight rug loom for sale, plus original accessories. Please contact her directly for more information at 574-534-5925 or firstname.lastname@example.org. (Listed Jan 2013)
(AD only good for 1 year and then will be deleted unless updated)