Classified Advertising (fiber things wanted, for SALE, & also free)
Don’t miss anything — scroll down this page.
- Sue Payne from Conner Prairie is looking for several USED Ashford wheels for new youth spinners. If you looking to sell, contact Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GIVE AWAY = FREE:
|NEW MESSAGE, October, 2018
I have an urgent request for interested persons to utilize FREE raw wool Shetland fleeces. The mobile home in which I have stored them is being dismantled and if I don’t find homes for these fleeces, I will be forced to burn them. Cedar chips were used to protect from the “elements” and most all are in good condition.
I’d rather see someone get the use out of them than destroy them, so I am offering them free to anyone who would appreciate them. Please call Sandy Powers 260-672-9623 if interested. Must empty mobile home by Nov. 15th. .
Also kitchen cabinets and bathroom cabinet, sink, tub, stool available free for removing.
Sandy Fantasia Fleece Farmfantasiafleece@aol.com
Subject: Looking for a home for uncarded fleeces
Hello! I inherited a large bag full of various fleeces. I know that there is some alpaca, some llama, maybe some others, and of various colors. I have recently come to the realisation that I won’t get around to learning how to card and spin this anytime soon, so want to pass it on to someone who would appreciate it. I also have a set of carding paddles that would go with the fleeces.
Is there anyone in your guild who could use these fleeces? My only request is that a small ball of each fleece be sent to my mom once it has been spun.
- Hi, I’m moving soon and need to de-stash. I have raw alpaca/llama to *give away* (varying degrees of VM), and back issues of Spin Off. I have other roving for sale, cheap. You can contact me at email@example.com. I’m still on your email list, as I get the newsletters. — Rosemarie
- I have a large amount of alpaca fiber collected from 12 animals over two years, two of the animals are crias. The animals were professionally shorn yearly and the fiber is very clean. I have been looking for a buyer, but at this point I just want to make sure the fiber isn’t wasted, so if you or your group would be able to make use of it please email me back at firstname.lastname@example.org. Being busy, I would appreciate it if anyone interested would be able to pick it up from me in Manteno, IL.
**** FOR SALE ****
FLEECES: refer to free above
This is a 1980’s era Ashford traditional jumbo flyer assembly. I am asking $40 for it. It is in good condition. The wood needs to be conditioned (it is a bit dry from age) and the bobbins need a bit of glue to snug them up. Please email email@example.com for more info.
From: “Joan Elliot” <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: Things to sell: (click on them to refer to the .pdf picture and information. Warping Reel Skein winder Quilting frame
- Louet LE S90 spinning wheel for $350.00 excellent condition. Folding portable spinning wheel w/extras. Located in Terre Haute will deliver to local area. Name: mona crucitti Email: email@example.com Call 812-264-1903
- Deb Totten is selling a Louet Victoria spinning wheel. Asking $650. It is complete with a carrying bag and three extra bobbins. New it would cost over $1,000. Used for one workshop. I now have a Schacht sidekick wheel that I travel with and don’t need two traveling wheels! I can be reached at 812.371.1475. (Listed Jan 2013)
USED EQUIPMENT (Indiana website):
- For sell: 8 Harness floor loom for sale! Harrisville design. Fully functional, great condition. 36 inches wide and roughly 36 inches deep. Warping board and extra yarn included. $875 Location: Zionsville, IN. Contact Lea Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org with enquiries.
- LOOM FOR SALE: 60 inch LeClerc Colonial jack loom, 8 shafts, 10 treadles, bench. Excellent condition. $1900.00. Location: Chagrin Falls area, Ohio. Contact Nora Eason at 440-543-7058 or email@example.com. (Nora is a member of the Western Reserve Spinners and Weavers and the Cuyahoga Weavers Guild.) (Listed September 2013)
- Kessenich loom for sale. It’s in excellent condition. I have a lot of extras that go with bit. Asking $1,000.00. Enquiries: Susan Teegarden firstname.lastname@example.org. (Listed Jan 2013)
- Vicki Gibson has a Weaver’s Delight rug loom for sale, plus original accessories. Please contact her directly for more information at 574-534-5925 or email@example.com. (Listed Jan 2013)
(AD only good for 1 year and then will be deleted unless updated)