SWIFT Annual Meeting, March 1, 2014
Please join us on March 1st, 2014, for the SWIFT Annual Meeting! We will meet at Conner Prairie
from about 10am-4pm. For our presentation this year, we will learn about Shetland Island from Kate Larson, Kathy Peoples, Susan Markle and Debra Totten. We will eat around noon and hold our business meeting, including elections, after we eat. I’m looking forward to seeing you all!
Here are a few things to remember:
- Bring something for the pitch-in lunch.
- If you have something to sell or trade, bring it along! Last year we had many people selling items. If you plan to sell, please be kind to your fellow members and don’t take more space than you really need. You can spread out if there is room once we have all arrived. Also, please bring a sign with your name to identify your sale area.
- Don’t forget your checkbook! I have heard mention of a number of good sales that will be there this year, including several used wheels and looms.
- Everyone is welcome to bring something for the door prize table.
The last two years, we have raffled spots in local fiber workshops. The feedback has been great, so we are doing it again! The sign-up for each workshop raffle will be separate, so only put your name on the list if you are available and truly interested. Follow the links below (or see the last newsletter) for date and location info. Here is what we have to give away:
- Color! with Judith MacKenzie and Kate Larson donated by SWIFT. April 25, 26, and 27 at Conservation Club, Pendleton, Indiana.
- Double Weave Diversity with Jennifer Moore donated by SWIFT. March 27, 28, and 29 at Tabby Tree Weaver.
Here is a map of the Conner Prairie grounds
in Noblesville, IN. We will be meeting in the Amphitheater as usual, which is shown on the map in the top right corner. When you pull in the front entrance, stay right. You will be passing through a gate to the far right (north) of the center and Symphony on the Prairie entrance. The road will curve right and come to a Stop sign. Turn left to head down the hill. Continue to follow until you come to the parking lot for the Amphitheater. You can pull up the drive to the building to unload, but please move your car after unloading to make room for others. If you need help unloading, come let us know at the check-in table and we will find help.